As a wedding photographer, blogging is a necessity! It is important to constantly be sharing new work or offering new content so that your clients will know that you are still there. And the beauty of this Ten Day Blog Challenge, for me anyway, is that it offers ten days of “getting to know you”! I am usually an open book because I want my clients to get to know me. I believe it is important for a bride to know who she is hiring for her wedding day! So this Ten Day Blog Challenge is just another way to let you know a little bit more about ME!
Day Three – Eight Ways To Win My Heart
1. The number one way to win my heart is to put some thought into it. I absolutely LOVE IT when someone does something nice for me. But when they go the extra mile to really make it personal… that makes all the difference. For example: If Scott wanted to buy me a gift for my birthday, I would appreciate anything he bought. But what I would truly cherish is something that he spent time thinking about enough to make it really personal. Don’t get me wrong… I would love to get a new iPad or a new camera lens for my birthday. But what would REALLY win my heart would be if he would spend some time researching my blog posts or my Pinterest boards to see what really makes me tick! Am I making sense here? I’m just not all about spending money on a gift just because you need to do SOMETHING. And it doesn’t even have to be a gift or something that you have to spend money on. I would rather get a hand written letter than a gift card to the Mac counter.
2. CALL ME: Another way to win my heart is to just pick up the phone and call me! I believe that any relationship that is important to you needs to be fed in ways other than on Facebook or text messages. Somewhere along the way I think people have lost sight of that. People have 1200 friends on their Facebook friends list and they believe there is a closeness to those friends that just really does not exist. Unfortunately this is a lesson I have learned the hard way. If I am important to someone, they will go out of their way to let me know.
3. LUNCH DATES: I absolutely love getting together in the middle of the day just to have lunch and visit with friends. I am a home school mom and unless I am meeting or shooting a client, I do not get out of my pj’s very often. So it totally wins my heart for someone to realize this, and simply just want to visit for a bit.
4. LAUNDRY AND HOUSE WORK: It is no secret that I am not Suzie Homemaker! Like I said yesterday, my idea of doing laundry is going shopping. But that just isn’t realistic now is it? So one of the best ways that anyone can win my heart is to pitch in with laundry and house work without me having to ask you to. And if you do it with a smile on your face, that is a bonus! FAMILY… I’M TALKING TO YOU HERE!
5. COFFEE: Anyone who knows me or has been following my blog for any amount of time will know that coffee actually saved my marriage. In all honesty, it wasn’t the coffee. It was the selflessness behind the pot of coffee that I wake up to every single morning. Scott prepares my coffee for me before he leaves for work every single day. It is a selfless act that I wake up to every morning. He does this knowing good a well that he is not going to drink a drop of this pot of coffee himself. But he does this for me! It may seem trivial to most people, but it is one act of selflessness that he shows me every day. It is difficult to be selfless, and it serves as a reminder for me to be the same. What a great reminder to wake up to every day!
WOW! This is getting difficult. It doesn’t take much to win my heart. Just a little bit of selflessness and some effort to make me feel important. But the topic says I have to list EIGHT THINGS so here I go with an attempt to come up with three more.
6. JUST LISTEN: Sometimes a girl just needs a listening ear. Sometimes we just need someone to let us vent to. (Not too often though because then we just become miserable to be around.) But when I need someone to just hear me, that is all I want them to do. I just want them to listen and say, “I’m sorry you are going through this.” I do not always need someone to say, “You should do this” or “You should do that.” Sometimes it is just nice to bitch and get it out before I move on with what I know I need to move on with. Anyone who knows me knows that I am who I am, and am not very good at taking advice. LOL. Scott likes to say, “I don’t know why you are even asking me, because you are going to do what you want to do anyway.” I hate it when he says that, but he is right! HAHA
7. WINE AND FRIENDSHIP: I absolutely love it when a friend will come over with a bottle of wine and just sip wine and have a little girl talk in the back yard by the fire pit. No agendas! Just good quality time with a girlfriend talking to each other like we did when we were in high school… only this time it is legal to drink the wine! HAHA
8. HAND WRITTEN NOTES OR CARDS: I absolutely love it when someone sends me a card in the mail with a hand written note just to tell me that they are thinking about me. I get a few notes in the mail every now and then. But when they come from someone close to me, it is really special. It is nice just to know that someone is thinking about or praying for me.
And I am going to throw a ninth one in there just for good measure!
9. REFER ME: It is absolutely the most flattering thing when a client will refer me to their friends. My business pretty much depends on those referrals. So if a previous bride tells their friends and coworkers about me, it not only helps my business but it gives me the warm fuzzies knowing that they enjoyed their experience with me enough to share with others.
WHEW! EIGHT THINGS THAT WIN MY HEART! That was more difficult than I thought it would be. So this concludes day three of the Ten Day Blogging Challenge. Those of you who are keeping at it with me… be sure to post your links! I am enjoying reading about you as well!