So here it is… DAY FIVE! And the topic? Six Things You Wish You Had Never Done. I am going to jump right into today’s topic because I think this is going to take a while. It is difficult for someone to admit something they regret!… especially to the whole world!
Day 5 – Six Things You WIsh You Had Never Done
1. STUDENT LOANS: I wish I had NEVER taken out student loans. It was kind of a waste for me actually because I ended up not teaching during my student teaching semester, therefore I do not have my degree. But I do have $37,000 in student loans to pay off. I seriously wish someone would have warned me!
2. MY TATTOO: Yes you read that right! I have a tattoo. But not just any cool, meaningful tattoo. I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo. THANK GOD it is on my hip where nobody can see it because this tattoo may be the most stupid thing I’ve ever done. I would however, like to get another tattoo at some point that is meaningful.
3. MY DEGREE: Why couldn’t I just tough it out and complete my student teaching so I could have that degree in hand? Even though I will never teach high school kids because they scare me to death, at least my $47,000 in student loans wouldn’t hurt so much!
4. LAZINESS: Yes I admit it! I became lazy when I made the decision to stay home and not return to work after the birth of my youngest daughter. That was five years ago! I took everything for granted and gained a little bit of weight. OKAY I’m sugar coating it. I gained a lot of weight! I used to be a gymnast, a cheerleader, and then later in life I even coached team level gymnastics! But at some point I let all of that go. Thank God I am getting back on track! I have lost 15 pounds and I refuse to stop until I have reached my goal. Although it would be MUCH easier if the Mexican restaurant right down the road from me wasn’t so yummy!
5. LOST TOUCH: I am so thankful for my best friend Kellie. Words cannot describe what she means to me. We were super close friends in high school. She would spend the night at my house, or I would spend the night with her… and we usually ended up sneaking out of our window at night to go hangout with boys! YES INTERNET… WE WERE TROUBLE! But I loved that girl then, and I love her now. However somewhere along the way, after graduation, she and I lost touch with each other. THANK GOD we found each other again and we are a regular part of each other’s lives even though we live three hours apart… only this time we are a little more grown up. MAYBE!
6. GOT THAT PERM: She tried to tell me not to do it. But when I went to my hair stylist and said, “I want to go curly” she hesitantly did what I asked! INTERNET LET ME TELL YOU… That may have been the most stupid decision I’ve made in a long time. Needless to say… I went from super long hair to a very short chin length cut! Although I will say this: My super short cut is sassy and fun. I’ve never had short hair before, but I kind of like it! Maybe it wasn’t a total loss!
There you have it! Tune in tomorrow for Day SIX!